[FW1] HTTPS + user/client authentication

Has anyone got HTTPS to work using implicit client authentication ?
I want to authenticate SecurID users using an HTTP User Auth rule, then get the client authentication rule directly beneath it to let through HTTPS based on the 'partially automatic' setting, but am finding HTTPS packets dropped by the cleanup rule and not even intercepted by the client auth rule.
You should be able to pass ANY TCP/UDP protocol using Client Auth, so I need some pointers as to what's going on!
Everything works ok with Any Any rules, and the user auth rule lets through HTTP ok, and everything works if there isn't a client auth rule, but there's not much point as I want the HTTPS to be authenticated.  I know it's reasonably secure anyway, but this is what the customer wants !

Any ideas ?

Tim