RE: [FW1] What the hell do I need a PW for to dld a SP

Hi,

All I know is there is a box at the end of the license procedure that asks
if you want to Register your Software Subscription. You may have paid for it
but has it been registerded on the site.

Once this is done - your username and password is emailed to you. This is
where I got the information about the user name and password for access to
the Software updates from.

I suppose if your reseller put in their own details during the registration
process perhaps that email went to them.

I can only assume that in the case mentioned - only the licensing part was
done and not the 2nd part of Registering Software Subscription. Either way
this can be done post installation.

Also the subscription lasts only one year and needs further payments to
continue the subscription.

If they need to manually request Software subscription....
https://license.checkpoint.com/maintenance/registration/

If they need access to the software updates - based on previous registration
( where you didnt get your password access)...
http://www.checkpoint.com/techsupport/access_request.html

Alee