[FW1] Slow FTP through Firewall-1

Having a problem with VERY slow FTP through one of two on-line Firewalls. Here's the setup: we have switches above two NokiaIP650's running CP4.1sp4. The switches are load balancing traffic across the two 650's. When FTP traffic comes through Firewall-A, it is very slow (90 bps); I do an "fwstop" on Firewall-A and Firewall-B takes over the FTP traffic and passes data at over 100kbps). The management station is an NT box and the same policy is pushed to both Firewall's. The IPSO is the same on both boxes (IPSO 3.2.1). When I perform an "fwstart" on Firewall-A, the traffic goes back through that Firewall at the slow data rate. Through my policy, can I force all FTP traffic to go through FIrewall-B? But even if I do that, this still does not explain why FTP is slow on the one box. Does anyone have a setup similiar to this and if so, have you seen behavior like this when using FTP? TIA!!

Scott