From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 11:30 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] (FW1) Nokia/VRRP Question

We are attempting a simple failover configuration using two IP440's ( IPSO
3.4 , FW-4.1 SP4 ), with VRRP/ Monitored Circuits, static NAT, static
routes, and four Ethernet interfaces on each Nokia, plus the sync
connection....all five interfaces of the Nokias are connected to hubs.
Everything is fine until we bring the backup IP440 online. Initially, they
function  together correctly, but within 30-45 minutes, performance totally
degrades. When pinging a server in our DMZ from a server/workstation on the
secure side, we receive responses in multiples, up to 2000% more responses
than requests. I guess my question is basically : has anyone else
experienced anything similar to this ??

Thanks in advance,
George Jenkins
DCOMMI