RE: [FW1] Estblished connection!!!

I had heard the same about VPN connections.  However, we've been testing extensively with ours, and we haven't had anyone get "knocked off" yet.  There is a bit of a pause if you're in the middle of an operation, but nothing that has caused us to have to reauthenticate.

Just thought I'd throw that in...
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Holman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 5:12 AM
To: Konstantinos Bilalis; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] Estblished connection!!!

It's advisable to knock the undesirable connection ASAP.  Use the 'active' log viewer to do this.
Installing the policy.
As for installing the policy, it seems to throw out existing VPN connections, and a few other things, but I've never found a reliable resource that says what stays and what goes, so assume everything stays from a security perspective, and that everything goes from an uptime perspective.
Policy installs in real-time environments should definitely be done out of hours....

Tim