Re: [FW1] No license for 'filter'

Try this solution....

Q:
I have upgraded to version 4.0 of firewall1 on a test box. I have applied for a new license for the firewall and management console but when I try to load the license, it keeps coming back as invalid.

I have applied for a couple license's just to make sure I have got a good one, but none of the them seem to work.

Has anyone ever run into this before?

A:
For any given system, a FireWall-1 license is considered valid when:
For hostid-based license, the system's hostid matches the license hostid.

For IP address-based licenses, the license must be associated with a real interface that is marked as up. The IP address can not be associated with an interface alias or virual interface.
Conditions must be true at the time the FireWall-1 Device Driver loads or the licenses will be considered invalid.
If you have a hostid-based license and the system hostid does not match, then you will need to obtain a license with either the correct hostid or an IP-based license.
If you just recently installed a new license, you should restart FireWall-1 so the new license can take affect:

fwstop
fwstart

WARNING: When troubleshooting this problem, it is highly recommended that you physically disconnect the firewall from the network as some of the troubleshooting steps will require uninstalling the security policy.

For IP-based licenses, the following steps may aid in troubleshooting on Unix:

Remove any "default filter"
Boot the system in single user mode
Verify the licensed IP address is attached to the physical interface (i.e. not an interface alias or virtual interface)
Boot the system normally.

Another way to do this is:
fwstop
fw ctl uninstall
Verify IP address is on a physical interface (i.e. not an interface alias or virtual interface) and that interface is UP
fw ctl install
fwstart

If you are still getting "License Invalid" messages, try the following:
fwstop
fw ctl uninstall
fw putlic -o [license string]
fw putlic -K [license string]
fw ctl install
fwstart

In some cases, this may solve the problem, but rebooting the box may cause the problem to-reappear. If the problem persists, you should contact Check Point via their license web page to have them re-issue your permanent license keys.