[FW1] FWKERN.EXE

Hello,
we tried to upgrade CP FW-1 w/o SP (and afterwards SP2) to SP4 on a
Windows 2000 Server (W2k-SP1 and also W2K-SP2): In any case we got at
the beginning of the Setup a dialog

	"Failed to execute fwkern.exe -v -u CP_FW1"

After clicking on OK a second box poped up with more or less the same
message. After confirming this second box the install of the SP
continued and ended up in a blue screen STOP 1E NDIS.SYS,
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. After rebooting the machine stops with an
other blue screen saying that system32\drivers\fw.sys could not be
loaded.

Does anyone have an idea what this fwkern.exe is? Any ideas, experiences,
workarounds?

Thanks, Ingo.

P.S. We have the same problem also with an upgrade to Checkpoints SP2,
so it seems not to be SP4-specific.

Ingo Lantschner
        Senior Consultant
        Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer