[FW1] NAT and DNS Translation

Title: NAT and DNS Translation

I have a customer using a checkpoint for NAT between him and us (we are providing dial up for his corporate network). When the users on this side of the NAT send their NETBIOS/DNS requests to his DNS Server they are getting the IP Address that is assigned inside the nat, not translated to the static nat that the client needs. I know that a cisco automatically inspects DNS requests for the NAT addresses and changes them on the fly. Is there a way for a checkpoint to emulate this behavior or are we stuck with split DNS?

Mark Stewart
Network Engineer
Intelispan