Re: [FW1] HA using Cisco content switches

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 03:12:03PM -0400, Sawyer, Douglas (D.G.) wrote:
:
: Has anyone used Cisco's 11150 series content switch for HA on firewalls? I would be interested in knowing the outcome. Also if you used VPN, does fail over work without re-keying?
:

It works pretty much the same as it does with any load balancer.  Just make
sure you're doing some sort of src/dst hashing, to prevent asymmetric paths.
No re-keying will be required IF you setup a gateway cluster.

: I am aware of required changes to Objects.C  and the syncing between FW's. However my main interests lies in wither or not this is a viable means of HA vs. other software products available.
:

No objects.c changes, just sync the firewalls.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.