RE: [FW1] Trojans & spyware imitating alowed trafic

Hello.

Sorry, it's probably due to lack of knowledge, but I don't see how using
security servers will provide me with this function. Do you mean that I
should use a proxy when connecting to the Internet and content scan and
analyse all outbound traffic? I just can't see this as a realistic way
to prevent spy ware or a Trojan on my LAN from connecting to its server
via port 21 (or some other "legal" port).

If anybody could give me a more thorough explanation or direct me to a
site or a document that explains this further it would be much
appreciated.

Is the alternative to install a personal firewall besides the anti virus
software on every workstation and server to scan for illegal programs
and traffic?

Enjoy the summer.

--------------------------------
Kim S. Lohse