[FW1] Ftp Problem.

Hi Gurus,
   I have a funny FTP problem. We have a Microsoft proxy server ( I tried
ISA server also) and a check point firewall. I am going to ftp sites using
proxy server. It worked fine for me till last week. I dunno, what happened,
it is not working now. I can access the ftp sites by put the /. at the end
like below.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/.

If I am using ftp://ftp.microsoft.com it doesn't work. Could anyone tell me
what is the difference between these two methods.

In the first method, the ftp traffic is going thru Proxy server. In the
second method, it is directly going thru check point firewall and it is
getting rejected because of the rule base( we are not allowing direct ftp
connections to the ftp sites).

I am totally confused about this problem. Could any show the light on this .

Thanks and Regards,
Subash

the HPA Postmaster: [email protected].

Before opening or using any attachments we recommend you check them
for viruses and defects.
Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

www.hpa.com.au