[FW1] Kernel Memory Allocation Errors

Hi all,

One day I'm connected to my firewall and see nothing but a scrolling error
messages.  Come to find out my firewall had encountered a kernel memory
allocation error. We were running fw-1 spk2 on a Nokia IP 440 running IPSO
3.2 with 256 MB of memory.  We have about 35 rules in our security policy,
and have about 60 address translation rules.  My vendor stated that there
was a hot fix for it, but eventually upgrading to spk3 (on IPSO 3.3) would
do the trick.  Now the error messages are such:

date time <firewall name> kernel: ex_expire: MAC address (date: MAC address)
Id_del failed to ex_remove!

Mind you, these messages will pop up from time to time, not always.  Has
anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks