From: Eric Appelboom [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] FW: Stonebeat problem

Tell me have you had the problem when one real ( x.x.x .2) interface responds to pings but the ( x.x.x .3)other not.
When fwstop\fwstart the roles reverse.
on server X sbif7:  x.x.x .2 sbif7:1  x.x.x .1
on server Y sbif7:  x.x.x .3 sbif7:1  x.x.x .1
The  x.x.x .1 virtual interfaces reponds to pings all the time.

I have set up a multicast group for 2 real interfaces which were set to multicast mac address 01-00-5e-00-07-01  (sbif7)
I am not sure if there should be a multicast group on the two interfaces? Is this correct?
VLAN  Dest MAC/Route Des    [CoS]  Destination Ports or VCs / [Protocol Type]
13    01-00-5e-00-07-01  +          3/12-13

What do you tink could be wrong?
Thanx
 Eric Appelboom

IMPORTANT NOTICES:

This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this message or its contents to any other person and any such actions may be unlawful.

Banc of America Securities LLC("BAS") does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell securities, via e-mail.

BAS reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the BAS e-mail system.