[FW1] Outbound NAT on INTERNAL interface (rollover from FW1 to Gauntlet)

All,

This is NOT my setup, so please be gentle.

I am converting a Gauntlet 5.0 on BSDI to CP 4.1 SP3 on Solaris 2.6. They are sitting side by side on the same subnet, with a choke router inside and out, and each 3rd party connection is being rolled over one at a time. It is an Extranet setup, with no DMZ. The Gauntlet has the capability to NAT the private internal networks' source addresses outbound to the address of the internal interface of the firewall. I am struggling trying to find if or how it can be done on the CheckPoint.

I cannot do the NAT on the external interface of the CP because the applications of some of the connections we are converting are in-house designed to use the address of the internal interface of the existing firewall for gateway communication. Changing the routing inside the firewall is not an option due to the routing issues and the number of firewalls they have. If any of you has any ideas I would appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Muknarf