From: Patrick McCann [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 7:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] FW-1, DHCP and xDSL

I was wondering if anybody has managed to get FW-1 working with a DHCP lease instead of a static IP address.  I have a site which may be upgraded to an ADSL cable modem connection which issues the connected FW with a DHCP Lease.  The FW-1 would then be used to Hide NAT all the internal hosts behing the Address of the FW.

I know that when you create a Workstation object it needs a static address, but was wondering if there is a way around this.

Many Thanks

Patrick.