Re: [FW1] MS FTP behind NAT

Glenn,

we have the same need  and the very same problem here.

It's a router (the one NATing your PCs) issue.

Our problem appeared when I replaced our NAT router (a CISCO 1605) with a 2504 with a different configuration.

Since, depending on traffic going through the router, it may work or not. For example, in the morning it works perfectly but when people starts browsing, FTP connections fails. Note that it happens with all FTP clients, not only MS FTP but also with Cute FTP or WS FTP Pro.

Connecting a laptop directly behind the firewall (bypassing NAT) allows you to connect to a FTP site while on a computer behind the router, it fails.

I'm just starting checking the router configuration and associated error messages but I think I''ll probably go back to my previous router.

If I find something, I'll let you know.

See you soon,

Aldo Calzolari,
Impiric Interactive France