From: Juan Concepcion [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 3:02 AM
To: Thomas Nilsen; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] SecuRemote FWZ encryption - does not work

If you do a filter on the logs you will probably see "deauthorizes" shortly
after the "No Policy".  If your not using Secure Client then the only thing
you need on the Desktop Security tab is the Respond to unathenticated topo
requests (if this is how your allowing topology downloads).  What happens is
that if you have the options turned on under the Desktop Policy and you
actually have no policy server then by default CP process will check the
client coming in to see if they policy was correctly pushed to them.  Hence
when it does not find a valid policy you get the "no policy" in the log
viewer which should be accompanied by a "deauthorize" which basically means
the firewall just killed the VPN connection to the Secure Remote client.

Juan Concepcion
Network Security Consultant
CCSA/CCSE Certified
E-Mail: [email protected]