From: Paul Howell [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2001 00:43
To: Goetz, Jarrett
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: FW: [FW1] How are Nokia's Products

"Goetz, Jarrett" writes:
 > Yes, Nokia's CheckPoint-based products are quite reliable.
 >
 > They do function as the manufacturer states.  Is there something specific
 > you are questioning about them or would like to throw out for discussion?

We're a new Nokia/CheckPoint customer and I may be able to add a little
to the discussion.

Firewall flows break TCP timeouts in FW1.

We reported the bug about a month ago.  To date, no fix.

Some others on this list have said 'me too', WRT having the bug.

Turning off firewall flows is a work around, but we're concerned about
any loss of performance.  So turning off flows is not really a long term
option.

Others on this list have had the same problem, so I don't think like I'm
airing just our dirty laundry here.

< paul