Re: [FW1] Securemote NAT pool and UDP encapsulation

Marc,

      Yes, this is happening from 4.1-SP1 to 4.1-SP4

      I have hundreds of cases opened on Checkpoint support for this issue
      and the only answer I got is:

      "it seems to be a product problem"

      or

      "try to drop netbios packets before decrypt rule."

      by the way, this doesn't work, either.

      does anyone have a clue on how to make Securemote pool-nat work with
      udp-encapsulation?

      thanks.

          Raúl.

Marc Chauvin <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com con fecha
26/06/2001 09:12:27

Por favor, responda a Marc Chauvin <[email protected]>

      Enviado por: [email protected]

         De                 Marc Chauvin <[email protected]>
                            @lists.us.checkpoint.com
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Copias
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         CCI
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Fecha              26/06/2001 09:12
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+
         Tema               [FW1] Securemote NAT pool and UDP
                            encapsulation
       --------+  -----------------------------------------------------+

      It seems that if a securemote client connects to a firewall using UDP
      encapsulation (either because he is behind a PAT device or he checked
      the
      option 'force UDP encapsulation'), the firewall won't translate the
      real
      IP of the client into one of the assigned NAT pool. Anyone have seen
      that
      before?

      We are using SecuRemote SP4 on VPN-1 SP4, all the latest. I'm not
      sure if
      it worked before SP4.

      Marc

      instructions at