[FW1] SMTP Relay does not start

Hello list,
I have got enterprise-mgmt and three fw1-vpn1 gateways all 4.1 sp2.
I am trying to configure an SMTP relay with node1 (fwauthd.conf and smtp.conf on node1 modified) but I can't even get successfull telnet:25 to my fw-node1 ext.intf.
As I did exactly as previous (and still functioning) 4.0 sp3 single gateway, are there differences I should take in account?
Thanks in advance.
PRO