[FW1] NAT and MS Exchange and New Mail Notification

All,

Hope someone can provide some insight...

Our MS Exchange server was recently moved outside of our 'group' firewall though it is behind our 'corporate' firewall.  We use NAT behind our 'group' firewall.  Since the mail server has been moved, new mail notification no longer works correctly.  It appears to be an issue with NAT.  I have one user on the DMZ (which is not NAT'd) and his works like a charm.

Here is the puzzling part.  I could understand if it didn't work at all, but it intermittently works.  Of course, if I do a folder refresh or create a new mail message, etc. I will get notified if I have any new mail (i.e. the user causes the lookup).  Occasionally, I will be notified of new mail without any user action.  I cannot define when this occasional notification works and cannot get it to happen during testing.

Does anyone know if the client polls the server on some timeframe or is maybe the last connection still open.   I haven't found anything on the MS site or fw sites that I have checked to-date.

I also tried adding the following to the :props( section of my objects.C:
	:netbios_nat (true)

but without change.  I am not sure what it means exactly and posted a previous message with no response.

Thanks in advance for any info or pointers you have,

Tracy Maxi