[FW1] site to site VPN

Hi;
I have just finished configuring a site-to-site VPN using IKE with 2
checkpoint fw-1.
In the future we may be doing more VPN to other sites.
We may be installing a separate firewall/VPN appliance in the future to
offload VPN traffic to it.
I was wondering what is the best location to insert this second
firewall?(e.g. outside the existing firewall between
the internet router and firewall or put it on a separate DMZ off the
existing firewall, etc. And what are the pros and cons of
putting the VPN firewall in any location?
Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated
TIA
HP