From: Elaine Lolos [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:48
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] SecuRemote sending email relay problem

Hello,

I have a question regarding SecuRemote users sending email to my internal email server (behind the firewall).  This seems like a pretty basic thing that should work, or that others would have asked this question, yet I couldn't find the info in the archives.

Here's the scenario and the problem -

People take their work laptops home to do work at home.  Their mail client (Outlook, POP) is configured to retrieve and send email with our internal email server.  They have SecuRemote installed so they can reach the internal mail server over their ISP connection.
My access rule in the firewall says
   SRC:  secureremoteusers@any  DEST:  my-encryption-domain   SERVICE:  any  ACTION: Client Encrypt
Retrieving email works fine, as well as other connections to internal hosts.
However, when sending email, the mail server sees the originator of the incoming connection as the user's ISP address and doesn't realize the connection came through the firewall and hence rejects the mail (when not destined for an internal user) due to relay restrictions.

Specifics - Firewall 4.0, not using the SMTP Security Server resource.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thank you,
Elaine