RE: [FW1] what occurs first NAT or RULEBASE

I think you mis-read my email. I was referring to automatic NAT,
and did not even touch on anti-spoofing.

Anyway, as far as when the packet is translated here is the rule of thumb
from CP's documentation.

1. Client-sever packet is translated before it leaves the interface closest
to the server.
2. Server-client packet is translated just after it enters the interface
closest to the server.

The confusion with CP NAT is routing and anti-spoofing. You have the grip on
anti-spoofing apparently.
How you configure your routes depends on the various NAT modes.

The biggy is when you have a static destination NAT. Then you want to make
sure you have a
route to the external address out the interface where your NAT-ed host
should be reached through.

However when you use automatic static NAT, you don't need to put that route
in. Although I'm not
intimately acquainted with the specifics of CP's driver I presume the reason
for the latter is
that CP translates the address at the point of applying the security rules
(i.e. not the NAT rules)
because the info is already recorded in the object properties.

George