[FW1] E-mail not de-queuing at firewall

I didn't see any responses to my question plus I'm not 100% sure that my
E-mail even appeared on the list.  So anyway, here is my question again.

Thanks,

Stewart

----- Forwarded by STEWART RAE/GUTHRIE on 06/22/2001 04:43 PM -----

                    STEWART RAE
                                         To:     [email protected]
                    06/12/2001           cc:
                    11:38 AM             Subject:     E-mail not de-queuing at firewall

First, I'm running Firewall v4.1 SP3 on NT v4.0 SP5.

Sometime during the night, the firewall stopped dequeuing E-mail.  In the
log I would see E-mail coming into the SMTP security server, but not
dequeuing out.  From my research, I thought that I would see E-mail files
in the "spool" directory, but nothing was there.

Just for grins, I stopped the firewall service, renamed the 6 Mb asmtpd.elg
(BTW, when did it change from .log -> .elg?) to asmtpd.stu, and then
restarted the firewall service.  This worked because the log now showed all
kinds of dequeues!

My questions is what happened and how can I prevent this?

Thank you in advance.

Stewart

STEWART RAE
Network Manager