RE: [FW1] WINDOWS 2000

Also, from

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/professional/help/default.asp?url=/W
INDOWS2000/en/professional/help/lic_what_eula_say.htm

(URL may wrap)

Where do I find my End User License Agreement (EULA)?
The EULA may be found in one of several different locations, depending on
your Microsoft product. The three most common locations for the license
agreement are: (1) printed on a separate piece of paper that accompanies the
product; (2) printed in the User's Manual, usually on the inside front cover
or the first page of the manual; or (3) located online within the software
product.

Open the EULA

 Note

To view the EULA, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and
then click Windows Explorer. Double-click the systemroot folder (usually
winnt), click Show Files if necessary, and then double-click the System32
folder. Click Show Files, and then scroll down and double-click eula.txt.

this is correct (apart from the $ problems - do I now have to call linux,
lumix in retaliation? ?  :-) [1] ))

Original releases of NT4 workstations had no limit in the elua.
More recent versions of NT4W have it in the ELUA as does W2K Pro
If you have a copy of NT4 with the licence that does not define a limit you
are OK to use that (I am not a lawyer but you agreed at the time to the
conditions of that licence when you bought it. they cannot change the rules
after you have bought something)

I read the limitation in the new licencing docs.

regards
Dean

[1]lumix is a play on lummox see http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary