From: Carl E. Mankinen [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 2:23 PM
To: Reed Mohn, Anders; 'Eliyah Lovkoff';
[email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] WINDOWS 2000

A server is licensed by seats/users and that is for users that access FILE
SHARES via NETBIOS on that server
or that AUTHENTICATE against the domain/local SAM on that server.

A firewall enforcement server should do neither of these, so its not a
"server" in Microsoft sense.
Do you license your IIS server for 50 bazillion users because they all have
connected and retrieved a page?