RE: [FW1] WINDOWS 2000

> > Yes you can run FW1 on Professional, however you will violate
> > the M$ license for number of connections, etc...
> ?
> Please quote the eula.txt!
> As far as I know there's no limitation of connection!

"If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is Windows 2000, you may use
the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single COMPUTER as interactive
workstation software, but not as server software.  However,
you may permit a maximum of ten (10) Devices to connect to
the COMPUTER to access and use services of the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT, such as file and print services and internet
information services.  The ten-connection maximum includes
any indirect connections made through other software or
hardware which pools or aggregates connections."

This _could_ be interpreted as "any software on the system can be used for
10 concurrent connections".  So, theoretically, if you had 10 nodes behind
the firewall, you'd be within the terms.  Any more than 10 and your in
violation.

But I'm not a lawyer.  If CP says use server, I'd _guess_ part of it is
because they've looked at the EULA and decided something similar.

Scott