From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of NDUKU MUNYARADZI
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 14:56
To: Fw-1 Mailinglist (E-mail)
Subject: [FW1] putting DCOM behind the firewall

Hie Gurus

I have a system which uses DCOM for its communication and I want to put the machines that use DCOM behind a firewall for a secure communication. My problem is that DCOM uses dynamic ports and I can not open the whole range from 1050 to 65 000 ports. How can I define a DCOM service to allow two machines in different networks to talk through the firewall.

Thank you

[machine A with DCOM]  <-> Firewall <-> [machine B with DCOM]

Munya