From: Robert Looney [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 2:00 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] [FW-1] Error msg using InstallU

Hi all.....

My first post to this list....maybe somebody has had the problem I'm having.
I have troubleshot with Checkpoint for the last couple days with no luck.

I've got a Sun Ultra 5 box that has a fresh install of Solaris 7 (end-user)
on it and I am getting an error message when I use the "InstallU" command to
try to install FW-1 SP1.  The installation will begin and seem to be going
ok, but just after it says it's installing Service Pack 1 for the Checkpoint
Firewall Administration GUI, it's gives me the following error message:

/cdrom/cp2000_des/wrappers/unix/Install.Solaris[1264]
/opt/CPfw1-41/bin/cpconfig: not found
I have, of course, started over from scratch with a re-installation of the
OS, but same results.  I also ran "unset FW_BOOT_DIR" before kicking off
"InstallU" and verified that I am running 32-bit OS by typing "isainfo -v"
and it returned "32-bit Sparc Applications".
Any ideas?
Thanks.....Robert