From: Christopher J. Wargaski [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 12:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Fwd: RE: [FW1] fw logswitch broke the Log Viewer!

Folks--

	Thanks to Anders and Scott for input on this issue.

	After running the "fw logswitch fw" command, the Log Viewer
would not work. So I deleted the *.logptr files, copied the fw13.log
and fw13.alog files to fw.log and fw.alog respectively, and rebooted.

	I was then able to use the Log Viewer again.

	So now I will have to try to use fw logswitch again. Did I
do something wrong to begin with? How to Firewall-1 folks on
NT perform log rotation daily? (I was planning on a batch file
run with the "at" utility".)

					cjw

Christopher J. Wargaski
RMS Information Technology Integrators