[FW1] STDIN never works for FW-1

Hi, all:

   Believe me I've done lots of tests with my programmer before I send this
question to your guys.
 My Firewall: Firewall-1 4.1, SP3,
 OS: NT4.0 SP6a
 Hardware: PII 650Mhz, 1G RAM, RAID 5 HD

  I'm working on setup of Auto Alert of Ports Scanning, I'm using Perl
script to send email to me whenever there is port scanning activity. But it
never works, run a close check on script code, I found the problem! When
Port scanning happened, FW-1 did activate this script, but the script can't
get any data from FW-1 via <STDIN> (Standard Input), the Script run likes:

    # Get the data from Standard input
    $line=<STDIN>;
My alert.log file just has empty string like:

,   ,   ,    ,    ,

Every time when I run port scan test.
  I tried all possible solutions, but It never get log entry from FW-1, all
it got is empty string.
I'm pretty sure FW-1 alert function should support <STDIN>, but why not in
my case!

BTW: all configurations are done properly concerning with FW-1 security
policy.

Thanks a lot!

Felix