RE: [FW1] SecuRemote and Win2K

Your statement on packet size issues has jogged my memory on something that may be related - we had a colleague having a problem with IGMP - basically their router(or some form network device) was having problems because it expected 20-byte header but the Microsoft TCP Options added an extra 4 bytes - therefore the router rejected the packets and the multicast attempt failed.

I wonder if this is related to the Outlook/Exchange issues. The (potential) answer to a dicussion-thread question on the IGMP problem was this:-

/cut/
First of all, in your question you say Win2k server, in a later comment you say NT4. But here is your answer anyways.
The correct answer DOES come from Q120642, you just need to know how to interpret it.
If you have read RFC791, which is the foundation for IPv4 (can be found at http://rfc.net/rfc0791.html) You may very well realize something about the parameters that you have overlooked. Obviously your server is adding in the extra parameters in your header for a reason. The reason is it's probably added into your registry for something or another.
Please go to your registry (Start>Run>Regedit)
and go to this Key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcp ip\Parameters
Your Adapter may/may not have a folder in between services and Tcpip... then it would be ...\services\'adaptername'\tcpip\parameters.
and look for the key called "DefaultTOS" It may have been added in there by a program you might have installed,
with this entry, a value of no options will automatically be added to your header, if you delete it, it will probably drop it back down to the default size (of what it recieved)...
Note that DefaultTOS is not available in Windows 2000.

/cut/

I haven't tested the above but hope it may give more clues ?

Tim

"Goetz, Jarrett" <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]

13/06/01 05:14