From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
David E. Hoobler Jr.
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 2:02 PM
To: 'John Gesualdi'; Fw1_list (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [FW1] Encrypt DNS question

Assuming that you allow DHCP to get the IP addresses of the ISP's DNS
severs, the ISP does the DNS for everything except your encryption domain.
You internal DNS servers handle the internal requests.

On the firewall, your dnsinfo file specifies for which domian(s) DNS should
be translated/encrypted.  the SecuRemote client downloads the topology from
dnsinfo when a site is created.  The SecuRemote client intercepts DNS
requests and if the domain matches that in dnsinfo, it forwards the request
to the internal server.  Otherwise, the request goes to the ISP DNS server.

That said, it is possible to specify the internal DNS server on the
SecuRemote client as the only DNS server.  If you do this, all DNS requests
go to the internal server.

David Hoobler