From: Patrick James [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Help....FW1 is not letting the traffic out....

Hi all, I have a FW1 version 4.1 SP2 installation on WinNT 4.0 SP6. My network is a simple one where I have couple of servers on the LAN and a Router, the FW1 is pretty sitting between the LAN and the Router. I configured the proper NAT and security policy settings absolutely no problem with that. I created a 'local.arp' file under 'state' directory also added a 'route add' at the cmd prompt. On the NAT, I selected 'Static' and mapped couple of my servers to 2 nos. of global IP addresses. I even tried the security setting as 'All to ALL' and nothing went good.

The thing is that both the internal LAN servers could ping the external NIC
of the FW1 while they could not ping anything host beyond. including the
Router which is also un-pingable. I could even find the traffic generated by

these 2 servers at the log viewer "Active Account" of FW1.

Where could be problem? Any helpers please......

thanks
James