Re: [FW1] some solaris question

Hi

> 1) How to add a network card in solaris, I have two NIC, but the system only
> detected one when I do the ifconfig -a, that's  elxl0  ,  When I do guava#
> ifconfig elxl1 192.168.100.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.100.255
> ifconfig: SIOCGLIFNETMASK: elxl1: no such interface

Do a dmesg|more and see the name of interface. It will show up if card is good.

> 2)How to go to the CDrom from the Text based, which devices in /dev is
> refering to cdrom.  There is a /dev/cdrom in Linux but not in solaris why??

Cdroms are normally /dev/dsk/c0t6d0. It gets mounted auto if vold is running else
you can mount it using:

mount -F hsfs /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s2 /mnt/cdrom

> 3) Anyone know where to get the following software?  It is a bash shell
> software for solaris.  But I could not find it.

Go to www.sunfreeware.com and get bash2 in package form.

Regards,

--
Naresh Narang