Re: [FW1] Re: Web server in DMZ

Hi,
the route should be "NAT-IP via FW to Web-DMZ-or-FW-DMZ-Interface 1", so the packets
with the NAT-IP will be routed to the DMZ-Interface of the FW.
And, if you have enabled Anti-Spoofing you should regard the outgoing Anti-Spoofing
at the DMZ-Interface. What I mean, try to accept the translated IP at the
DMZ-Interface of the FW. But first, turn logging for Anti-Spoofing on - for
troubleshooting reasons.
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

Ivan More wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> We have created the local.arp file and added the
> external web IP and the MAC of FW-1 external interface
> but still unsuccessful.
>
> In the log, it does show that it has accepted the http
> traffic to the web server (on W2K) but we still do not
> get the web page on our workstation (sitting on the
> same subnet as FW-1 - for testing).
>
> We were able to ping (from web server) the FW-1 DMZ's
> interface. We are also able to ping FW-1 external
> interface (Ver 4.0 on NT4) from the workstation (same
> subnet as fw-1).
>
> The FW-1 seems to be answering for the web server
> external IP but it does not seem to route the traffic
> to the web server.
>
> We have added a route to the NT4
>
> Dest           Gateway       Interface      Metric
> WEB_internal   DMZ interface DMZ interface  1
>
> We try to add a rule to allow traffic out from web
> server
>
> Source        Destination    Service
> Web (w NAT)   Any            HTTP
>
> Still no luck.
>
> If we removed the NAT (web server) and connect to the
> web server using its internal IP (DMZ subnet IP)), we
> are able to get the home page.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Ivan
>
> --- [email protected] wrote:
> > Ivan,
> >
> > *We do not have a local.arp file in the
> > c:\winnt\fw\state directory, can we just create it
> > and
> > input the Web server External_ip and the Mac address
> > of the FW external_ip. *
> >
> > You must create a local.arp.  Try creating this file
> > and you should be good to go.  If not let me know.
> > Everything else looks fine.
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> > On Thu, 07 June 2001, Ivan More wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thanks Jeff for the info, I am using FW-1 version
> > 4.0
> > > on NT4.
> > >
> > > Yes, we have added the route to the Route Table as
> > > below
> > >
> > > route add -p internal_ip mask 255.255.255.255
> > > DMZ_interface metric 1
> > >
> > > We also added the arp but we created a bat file to
> > run
> > > during startup for the arp (we run this bat file
> > > before we do the test, will there be a problem)
> > >
> > > arp -s   external_ip   Mac address
> > FW1_external_ip
> > >
> > > We do not have a local.arp file in the
> > > c:\winnt\fw\state directory, can we just create it
> > and
> > > input the Web server External_ip and the Mac
> > address
> > > of the FW external_ip.
> > >
> > > How would I check if the FW-1 is answering the ARP
> > > request for the NATed address?
> > >
> > > We are still unsuccessful. What else did we
> > missed?
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Ivan

> > What
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard