Re: [FW1] traffic unflowing...helpers please

James,

unless there is a real need, you should use Hide NAT as it NAT's
many to one.  Static NAT is one to one.

>From the firewall, can you ping the external router?

-Hungdan Ly

Naresh <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com on
06/07/2001 06:59:33 PM

Sent by:  [email protected]

To:   Patrick James <[email protected]>
cc:   [email protected]

Subject:  Re: [FW1] traffic unflowing...helpers please

Hi

It seems that you are mising the default route.

route add default gateway x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is legal IP address of router.

Regards
Naresh

Patrick James wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a FW1 version 4.1 SP2 installation on WinNT 4.0 SP6. My
network is a
> simple one where I have  couple of servers on the LAN and a
Router, the FW1
> is pretty sitting between the LAN and the Router. I configured
the proper
> NAT and security policy settings absolutely no problem with
that. I created
> a 'local.arp' file under 'state' directory also added a 'route
add' at the
> cmd prompt. On the NAT, I selected 'Static' and mapped couple
of my servers
> to 2 nos. of global IP addresses. I even tried the security
setting as 'All
> to ALL' and nothing went good.
>
> The thing is that both the internal LAN servers could ping the
external NIC
> of the FW1 while they could not ping anything host beyond.
including the
> Router which is also un-pingable. I could even find the traffic
generated by
> these 2 servers at the log viewer "Active Account" of FW1.
>
> Where could be problem? Any helpers please......
>
> thanks
> James

instructions at

Naresh Narang
Tel. 7305315  x103

instructions at

The information contained in this transmission may contain
privileged and confidential information and is intended only
for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the
intended recipient,  or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient,  any review,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.