[FW1] Multiple networks on one interface

Hey all..

I'm running v4.1 SP2 (going to SP4 shortly) on Nokia IPSO.  We're in the
midst of renumbering our network but can't have any downtime in the
process.  I want to bring the new IPs up on my pair of firewalls, and add
it's VRRP address to the existing VRID, so I can renumber machines one by
one without taking the downtime hit.

I'm receiving conflicting reports as to whether it will work or not.  My
vendor says absolutely not and I'll have to take downtime to do it.  My own
research tells me that yes it can be done as we're doing it on another pair
of firewalls (2 networks on one interface, all working just fine.)  Also,
this article, http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0351.html , tells me that it can
be done (unless I'm misinterpreting the faq).

Can I get some definite yes/no or suggestions on how to help my problem?
Thanks in advance!

- Tyler