From: McCammon, Keith [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:17
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Port already in use

I'm having some trouble with a clean (re)install of Firewall-1.  I'm running
4.1 SP2--the mgmt server is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and the
module is a Nokia IP440 (IPSO 3.2).

From the module, I can fetch the policy from the mgmt server.  However, from
the mgmt server, I get a "connection refused" error when I try to push a
policy to the module.  FW1 is not refusing the connection, because the same
error occurs even if I unload prior to the push.  And the FW1 log does not
reflect the activity during the push.

Already tried:

- control.map
- /etc/hosts entries
- putkeys (which should be fine; no auth errors)

Fwd.elg has the following entries in it (among others), which I can't find
referenced on the web, NG's, PhoneBoy, etc.  They obviously indicate a
problem with fwd, which I can't pinpoint (fwd is not running if you view the
processes).  Here it is:

fwd: FireWall-1 server is running
fwd: WARNING: Cannot locate my Network Object
fwd: fwauthd: cannot run server polsrvd: Authentication Services are
unavailable. Connection refused.
fwd: fwauthd: will try late... (19 times left)
fwd: FW: Received new control security key from 192.168.7.36
fwd: FireWall-1 daemon going to die on sig  15
fwd: Tue Jun  5 13:57:16 2001

fwd: FireWall-1 server is running
fwd: fwauthd: cannot run server polsrvd: Authentication Services are
unavailable. Connection refused.
fwd: fwauthd: will try late... (19 times left)
fwd: Log Server 192.168.7.36 went down
fwd: logsys_add_connection_packet_e: recursive call, return
fwd: Log Server 192.168.7.36 went down
fwd: logsys_add_connection_packet_e: recursive call, return
fwd: Wed Jun  6 14:46:38 2001

fwd: Cannot establish fwd service on port 256: Address already in use

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Keith W. McCammon
Sr. Network Engineer
AdvanceMed Corporation