[FW1] nokia firewall flows and tcp timeouts sanity check

Hi.

I'd like to do a little sanity check.

I'm not sure exactly when firewall flows became a "feature" in IPSO, but
they exist in IPSO 3.3 and higher.

I'm seeing an odd interaction between firewall flows and FW1 4.1 SP2 and
higher such that persistent active TCP connections are dropped after
TCP timeout seconds.   The TCP timeout value is set in the FW1 properties tab.

Just to be clear about the meaning of active, a TCP connection that is sending
and receiving packets continously.

Turning off firewall flows seems to solve this.

I'm wondering if it's me, or is it Nokia.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

< paul