Re: [FW1] Floodgate problems

Hi,
it seems to me that you have defined the NIC of the FG not correctly (?)  Your
settings seem ok, if you have a connection with 64k to the Internet.
If it's more, you should define this in the properties of your FW/FG (NWO -
yourFloodGate -  Interfaces - TrafficControl). It seems to me that you have put here
64k as maximum of the NIC. So if you give 90% of the traffic to your PC, you will
have 90% of the maximum defined for the interfaces of your FG (57.6k). Try to turn
it to the "real" bandwidth you have and install the rulebase afterwards.
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

Ashwin Nand wrote:

> I'm a total newbie with this particular module and am having major trouble
> with it at the moment.
>
> The Floodgate service has installed fine/running and "fgate stat" output
> looks ok also .
> My problen with Floodgate is that it seems to be completly ineffective in
> managing bandwidth(at least i think so)
> After dedicating 90 % of the bandwidth to the my PC for http , I don't
> notice any changes, speed improvement etc etc.
> Checking the log viewer reveals a lot of this  in the info column for
> Floodgate-1:
>
> "tc-action:no-control connid:xx
> ............................................."
>
> where xx=number
>       .....= some packet information
>
> "fgate stat" output:
> C:\>fgate stat
> Getting FloodGate-1 Status from ntsrv003
> CPQANC7: Policy httpGuarantee4ITC installed:
>     There are 171 active conversations.
>     (in) : Rate Limit=65536 Bps, Pending:0 pkts, 0 bytes
>               Avg rate = 7464 Bps.
>               NFlows=161, NPFlows=9
>     (out): Rate Limit=65536 Bps, Pending:0 pkts, 0 bytes
>               Avg rate = 10511 Bps.
>               NFlows=167, NPFlows=0
> Done.
>
> I'm running :Checkpoint 4.1/SP3 with FloodGate-1 SP3
> OS Software :NT 4.0 Server/SP 6a
> Hardware    :Compaq Proliant ML 370 Pentium III with 128MB RAM
> NICS        :Compaq NC3134 Fast Ethernet NICs
>
> Can someone help me please. Is this thing totally ineffective or am i
> missing out on something simple ?
>
> Ashwin N
> ITC Services

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard