RE: [FW1] any

Title: RE: [FW1] any

I must be misunderstanding which rule he is talking about then...

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Concepcion [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 22:03
To: Goetz, Jarrett
Subject: RE: [FW1] any

Jarrett,

        In the case of say a client sitting behind a firewall talking to
another client sitting on the other side of that firewall the IPSEC (ike,
esp, ah) are not covered by the ANY but have to be explicitly defined in
the rule to be allowed.  Also if you are configuring this type of
communication you have to configure it bi-directionally, in other words you
need two rules.  One allows the client to talk to the resource and the
other allows the resource to talk back to the client.
--
Juan Concepcion
Network Security Consultant