[FW1] VPN Between VPN-1 and Cisco VPN 5000 Concentrator - No Proposal C hosen

Hello all, and thank you in advance for any help you may be able to
provide and I apologize for the length of this message.

I am trying to connect a customer's VPN-1/SP2 Firewall running on a
Nokia IP330 to their partner's Cisco VPN 5000 concentrator (Cisco VPN
5001 Concentrator v6.0.16.0001 (dalecki) US). I have followed the
document at http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/cp-5000.html. The
Cisco engineer at my customer's partner company is very confident
that his 5000 is configured properly because it is currently working
with my customer's existing VPN device (which we are trying to
replace with Check Point), and also other partners of his' VPN
devices.

Here's the Info:

We are using DES/ESP/SHA1, a preshared secret, and are supporting
subnets. We have also tried DES/ESP/MD5 with no luck.

I do not have "Supports Aggressive Mode" checked.

In Policy Properties, Encryption Tab, I have modified the
"Renegotiate IKE SA's every" entry to 1440 minutes. I also modified
the "Renegotiate IPSEC SA's every" entry to 28800 seconds.

We are NATing on both ends. I have added a line in the NAT table
basically saying "Don't NAT traffic between our VPN domains."

When we try to telnet from a client behind the CP firewall to a
server behind the Cisco VPN 5000, using illegal addresses, we get the
following entries in our Check Point log. I've been told that the "no
proposal chosen" error has to do with our two VPN devices not having
the same settings, but we checked, double-checked, and triple-checked
our settings.

- ---------------
1st log entry:
- ---------------
Action:	key install
Source:	VPN-1 External IP Address
Dest:		Cisco 5000 External IP Address
Info:		IKE Log: Sent Notification: no proposal chosen <phase1
stage2>
Negotiation Id: 90e35f....

2nd log entry:
Action:	key install
Source:	VPN-1 External IP Address
Dest:		Cisco 5000 External IP Address
Info:		IKE Log: Received Notification from Peer: N/A

Please forward any questions or ideas you may have. Thank you again.

Robert C. Schaefer
CCSE, MCSE, CCEA