RE: [FW1] 4.0 to 4.1 Rulebase conversion

>Here is the scoop. We have transferred over the objects.C file to the new
>box and also the *.W file. We run "fw gen *.W > *.pf" and have no errors.
>But when we open the GUI client, we see no rules, and cannot open the *.pf
>file we just compiled. What are we doing wrong?

The rulebase files (*.W) refer to objects that should reside in your
Objects.C file.  You did half of the migration job.  Here's the half you are
missing:

1. Copy your old $FWDIR/conf/objects.C  fileinto a temporary directory
of the Management Server (like c:\temp on NT or /tmp on UNIX)

2. Rename the old objects.C file objects.old:

NT: ren c:\temp\objects.C c:\temp\objects.old
Unix: mv /tmp/objects.C /tmp/objects.old

3. Rename the active objects.C file to objects.act:

NT: ren %FWDIR%\conf\objects.C %FWDIR%\conf\objects.act
Unix: mv $FWDIR/conf/objects.C $FWDIR/conf/objects.act

4. Merge the objects files into a new objects.C file: