Re: [FW1] 4.0 to 4.1 Rulebase conversion

Hi,
what about your file $FWDIR/conf/rulebases.fws? You will need it for getting the
rulebasse imported into the GUI.
If you don't have it, try to generate a new one by
  fwm -g rulebase1.W rulebase2.W ...
or simply
  fwm -g
The last command will import all .W-files automatically from the conf-directory.
After this you can try to import a rulebase into the GUI.
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

Ronnie Clark wrote:

> Hello all:
>
>   Is there a tool to convert the rules from 40 to 4.1? Or is this even
> necessary.
>
> Here is the scoop. We have transferred over the objects.C file to the new
> box and also the *.W file. We run "fw gen *.W > *.pf" and have no errors.
> But when we open the GUI client, we see no rules, and cannot open the *.pf
> file we just compiled. What are we doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Ronnie Clark

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;home:+49 89 69759390
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662 Hohenbrunn;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard