From: Kondisetty, Sudhir [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:15 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] VPN with Sonicwall

Hello all,

Has anyone ever tried to setup a VPN between a CheckPoint and Sonicwall
firewall?  I'm running CheckPoint 4.1 SP2 and have attempted to do this.
I've gotten so far as to have the firewalls exchange keys and establish an
encrypted connection.  But when I try an FTP to the client's FTP server, it
times out.  The Sonicwall firewall drops the packet and reports illegal
host.  The CheckPoint firewall says it recieves a message that the packet is
malformed.

The client claims they have a VPN setup with another CheckPoint firewall and
it must be in my configuration.  But I've duplicated their setup to no
avail.  I'm using IKE, DES, MD5.

Any ideas?

Sudhir Kondisetty