RE: [FW1] no license for address translation

>I get this error message when I start the FW
>
>"no license for address translation"

>Yes i have a valid license for the product. The same
>license is working without this error message on
>another box. The only difference is one box (the one
>that doesn't display this error) as 4.1 SP2 IPSO 3.2.1
>and the other 4.1 SP3 IPSO 3.3.

This is most likely a licensing issue... I have seen license on NOKIA go
nuts after an upgrade. Not sure if it is the same in your case.

Maybe the license didn't take properly.  Do an "fw printlic -k" to make sure
the kernel sees the license.

If the license doesn't show: try re-applying your license with the -o option
{just becareful - because the -o overwrites all other licenses and applies
the one you are adding}

If it still doesn't work, contact your reseller to get an EVAL license and
apply the EVAL license.  If things work with the EVAL, then you may need to
get your license "fixed".  Contact Check Point's licensing team.

Good luck,

Amin Tora, CISSP
ePlus Technology
http://www.eplus.com