[FW1] FW Status

Title: FW Status

I currently have a Nokia IP440 and am interested in sending SNMP traps from the Module regarding specific events that take place on the Module.  For example, if the firewall process ceases to run, I would like to send an SNMP trap notifying me that the firewall is no longer running.  My question is, if the firewall goes down will the Module still pass the SNMP traffic to the internal network or will all traffic be blocked?  If so, how else can I remotely monitor the Module and make sure that the firewall process is still up?

Thank You

Keyvan