From: John Tanouye [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 2:17 PM
To: checkpoint
Subject: [FW1] setting it up

Okay, this may sound like desperation, and it almost is.  I need some
assistance in setting up this firewall.  I've had this software for about 2
months now, and have not been able to figure out how to get it running.  So
far, I've installed it on a Win2k Pro box, and setup a rule base.  However
anything internet related does not work.  The internal network is setup
fine,  but I just can't seem to figure out the firewall.  Here is how I have
it setup thus far.

Windows 2000 Pro SP-1
Checkpoint Firewall-1 w/ VPN 4.1
Routing enabled by "IPEnableRouter" = 1  (found in MSKB
55.0.379)
One NIC set to internal IP
Other NIC set to external IP
TCP/IP on both NIC's DNS set to ISP's DNS servers
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service turned on
Remote Access Connection Manager service turned on

I don't really know what else to do.  Right now I'm trying to transfer all
the settings from our current firewall (Borderware), and swap it out with
the Checkpoint box.

If anyone could point me somewhere that I can get basic setup, I would
really appreciate it.  The manuals don't seem to help much when it comes to
the initial setup.

Thanks,

John